I, me, ( personal pronoun ) myself, (reflexive pronoun ) all words i am finally able to say that describe me, Karen, no carer or daughter added to it, just me. I have been ‘just’ me for 21 months now, yes i am wife, mother, grandmother, sister but i am finally free to find me and i feel like i am ‘finding’ me, finally. It is strange how everything has changed yet nothing has changed, i still live in the same house with the same people, i still hold onto the same dreams but my art has changed so much. Getting back to my To Do List, I’ve had and still have a desire to be a different me, do different things that the ‘old me’ wouldn’t or couldn’t do and over the last 12 months I’ve been kind of creating a list of things that need to be done as i haven’t been able to do them in previous years.
- Go to a VIP opening of a show at a Contemporary Gallery. ✔
- Actually speak to the artist about their work and give my opinion on it. ✔
- Speak to a gallery about representation. ✓
- Arrange a holiday in a camper van.
- Go to Hilbre Island for a sunset. ✔
- Swim in the sea.
- Pay off my debts. ✔
- Say ‘NO’ more. ✔
- Be more creative with my photography. ✔
- Stay on Hilbre Island through a full tide.
Not a bad effort really, the ‘List’ is changing constantly, morphing into different areas of my life, there are still many things out there that I want to do and will do. Do you have a List?